Author Topic: Greetings One and All  (Read 1671 times)

Geoff_R

Greetings One and All
« on: April 07, 2008, 10:17:12 AM »
Hi

I saw the invite over at dpreview on the Kodak SLR forum so I thought I'd saunter over and join in:-)
I'm a working hack and will basically shoot anything anywhere so long as its legal.
My work has taken me pretty well all around the world but currently I'm working doing promo shots within the sporting world as well as covering sporting events...mainly boxing.
I use a mix of digital and MF film....but still prefer to use film where possible.
Anyway I've dumped a selection of snaps in a gallery here and look forward to having a natter with you all.

Best
----------
Geoff_R

"Always look on the bright side of life...."

keithsnell

• Administrator
Re: Greetings One and All
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2008, 11:07:13 AM »
Geoff,

Welcome!  Your images are very intriguing, and cover quite a range of subjects, showcasing the extent of your skill as a photographer.  It is obvious from your images that you enjoy your craft. 

You mention that you still perfer film, which leads me to assume that the images that don't display shooting data were scanned from film/transparencies? 

Thank you for sharing your images with us, I'd love to see more.  I hope that you will come back and visit us often.

Keith

Geoff_R

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2008, 12:28:20 PM »
Geoff,

Welcome!  Your images are very intriguing, and cover quite a range of subjects, showcasing the extent of your skill as a photographer.  It is obvious from your images that you enjoy your craft. 

You mention that you still perfer film, which leads me to assume that the images that don't display shooting data were scanned from film/transparencies? 

Thank you for sharing your images with us, I'd love to see more.  I hope that you will come back and visit us often.

Hi Keith

thanks I try to keep my eye in and yes I still enjoy the craft although I dislike PC's with a passion....hence why we are using film more and more.
They were just a quicky selection pulled at random and those that dont display any exif data will have been shot on MF neg or tranny.
I'll get a more complete body of shots together and get them up and I'll be here a bit:-) I like forums that are about the craft and not focussed on the kit.
Best
----------
Geoff_R

"Always look on the bright side of life...."

keithsnell

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2008, 12:58:52 PM »
[I'll get a more complete body of shots together and get them up and I'll be here a bit:-) I like forums that are about the craft and not focussed on the kit.
Best

Geoff,

Excellent!  We'll look forward to seeing more of your images. 

Although I shoot all digital now, I can understand your fondness for film.  I still have a few classic film bodies, and will hang onto them as symbols of their craft, and reminders of how much I enjoyed making images on film.  I'm still searching for ways to regain that same experience with digital.  I expect that someday digital cameras will mature enough that concerns about the equipment will recede and we can get back to concentrating on the image.

Thank you again for sharing your images and thoughts.

Keith