Author Topic: Hello from Montrose,Pa!  (Read 2073 times)

Becky Jenner

Hello from Montrose,Pa!
« on: June 28, 2008, 12:03:25 PM »
Hello to all! My name is Becky Jenner,I'm pretty new to this site and am just learning how to get around on here.Spirit of Photography was suggested by our Aunt, Lori Tiffany and I'm greatful that she told us about it. I am NOT a professional photographer by far! I just get lucky shots ever now and then.My husband Mike loves photography and has 3 Pentax K-1000's with tons of lens's and filters which I used to dabble with but became hooked on digital, with it's ease of just throwing the SD card onto the computer, instead of waiting for film to develop. I know,I know...But with having 6 kids ages 4 through 20 all at home,we don't always have the time to ready everything with the Pentax's. So, they collect dust for now, until our lives may someday be calmer and we can devote more time to the 35mm film world again,we hope! I truly enjoy this site and all of it's learning capabilities. My daughter, Melissa Bird,who is also a newbie on here,I believe has a great eye for the "abstract". But even though we bought her a camera of her own to encourage her "new profession",she still thinks my camera is better! So, we share it along with thoughts and ideas.
Becky

keithsnell

• Administrator
Re: Hello from Montrose,Pa!
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2008, 12:18:28 PM »
Hi Becky,

Thank you for introducing yourself and welcome to the site.  I knew we were related somehow, but just wasn't sure how.  (2nd cousins?  3rd cousins?) 

We've enjoyed seeing both yours and Melissa's images.  I'm also glad to see that you are participating in the "weekly assignments."  It's a great way to learn and practice different aspects of photography that you might not otherwise pay attention to.  Even though I've been an avid photographer for over 30 years now (wow!  I'm getting old!), I'm still learning.  I'm constantly saying "I need to shoot more often," and so the weekly assignments are a great incentive for me to get out there and hone my craft.

Please don't hesitate to ask any questions or join in any conversations on the forums.  We're a friendly bunch.

Keith

Cindy Miller Hopkins

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2008, 02:38:27 PM »
Hello Becky - Yes, we are a friendly bunch here! I have know Keith for quite a few years now and I'm always impressed with his understanding of cameras and computers as well as his willingness to share his passion with everybody else! There are all sorts of photographers on the site from the new beginers to the professionals ... I'm a full time travel photographer and I learn something new every time I login. WELCOME - We all look forward to seeing more of your work as well as Melissa's.

Cindy
CMH Images

LarryMartin

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2008, 09:33:57 AM »
Hi Becky,

Let me add my welcome and introduction! I dabbled, intermittently, in film photography for many years until I purchased my first digital camera - a Canon G3 in 2003. Since then, Keith has played a significant role in my becoming an unabashed enthusiast in digital photography. His quiet mentoring, in the field and at this site, has helped me greatly.

I'm primarily interested in non-urban landscapes - especially those that are out-of-the-way or hard to get to. Photography knits together my passion for skiing, sailing and hiking. I'm particularly attracted to marginal weather conditions and those sweet hours that bracket sunrise and sunset.

I look forward to seeing more of your photos.

Larry

rod1

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2008, 04:12:14 PM »
Hello Becky,
                  Welcome. I am somewhat impressed that you find time to take photographs at all!  Having six children under the age of 20, and all still at home, is a mind boggling concept, to me anyway!! I have two sons, one about to turn 40 and the other 12½. The latter keeps me busy/alive!!  Anyway, I do hope you find enough time to indulge in your hobby and post photographs from time to time. A group such as this grows and draws strength from those who participate. In the short time I have been involved, Keith has shown both professionalism and friendship as he has commented on every post and guided the group towards better photography, whilst maintaining and continually improving the site itself.  I also look forward to seeing more of your photos. Best Wishes. Rod.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2008, 04:14:20 PM by rod1 »