Author Topic: Greetings from Melbourne!  (Read 1761 times)

naomi

Greetings from Melbourne!
« on: June 10, 2008, 01:27:24 AM »
Hi Rebecca, Keith and fellow photographers,
My name is Naomi and I was directed to this webite (which looks great) by Nigel who happens to ride jet skies with my husband. I don't have an interest in jet skies, but definitely have an interest in photography. I took a serious interest in photography about 3 years ago. I particulary like taking sepia, b/w photos of people.
I have a Canon 350d and may trusty favourite Panasonic Lumix FZ20. I'm not very technical, but through trial and error eventually succeed. I enter challenges on other websites and really enjoy looking at and talking about photography and of course other things.
Look forward to hearing from members.

rod1

Re: Greetings from Melbourne!
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2008, 03:20:17 AM »
Hello Naomi, good to hear from you. Like you, I simply enjoy photography. I have a go at most things and find, whilst not very 'technical' either, I am at least 'holding onto the horses tail', so to speak! Keith is very helpful and a 'font' of photographic knowledge. I feel strongly that this site will go forward in leaps and bounds. Best Wishes from Katoomba. Rod.

keithsnell

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2008, 09:36:25 AM »
Naomi,

Welcome!  What a wonderful image you posted in the "color" weekly assignment gallery.  The image has great "depth."  The bright colors draw the viewer into the image, and then the man's expression keeps the viewer there as we wonder what he is thinking.

You obviously have a great eye, and the empathy needed to be a great portrait photographer.  Please don't hesitate to ask questions on the forums.  Sometimes a little bit more technical understanding of your camera can help reduce the "trial and error" and allow you to capture a momentary expression without getting stymied by technical issues.

Welcome to the community, and we will look forward to seeing many more of your wonderful images.

Keith

NigelDownUnder

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2008, 04:44:31 AM »
Hi Naomi, Glad to see you have joined this great site  ;D Love the pictures, great eye for detail....