Author Topic: "Character," Weekly Assignment Topic for 2 - 8 November 2009  (Read 1440 times)

keithsnell

• Administrator
"Character," Weekly Assignment Topic for 2 - 8 November 2009
« on: October 30, 2009, 03:03:45 PM »
Rick asked me if it would be possible to start posting the weekly assignment topics on the Friday before the week of the assignment instead of on the Monday of the assignment week.  That would give him (and other participants) a couple of weekend days to look for and find subjects to photograph for the weekly assignments.  I'm not sure how this will work out, and fear that it might be confusing to have two topics running in parallel, but I will give it a try.  (It's also a bit harder for me to get the assignment topics completed and posted by Friday, but I will try.)

The assignment for the week of 2 - 8 November 2009 is "Character."  Character is defined as the set of qualities that make somebody or something distinctive, interesting or attractive.  When talking about a person, "character" refers to their personality and convictions, which can often be surmised by their dress, appearance and accouterments .  You should strive to compose an image that emphasizes the qualities that give an object or person their character.  

Please upload your images to the "Character" album in the Weekly Assignment category of the Gallery no-later-than midnight Mountain Time (GMT -07:00) on Sunday, 8 November 2009.

I'll look forward to seeing your images.

Keith

keithsnell

• Administrator
Re: "Character," Weekly Assignment Topic for 2 - 8 November 2009
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2009, 09:30:03 PM »
I noticed this ranch truck with loads of "character" while we were out at the ranch this weekend.  It's still used to haul around equipment for welding gates, corrals, and whatever else needs mending.  If you need a tool, its probably somewhere in the bed of that truck.

Ranch Truck