Author Topic: Results and Feedback from the "Art" Assignment  (Read 1561 times)

keithsnell

• Administrator
Results and Feedback from the "Art" Assignment
« on: November 23, 2008, 03:17:49 PM »
Thank you to everyone that participated in the "Art" assignment.  There were definitely some "interesting" images submitted for this assignment.  :)  It's great to see some of you exercising your creativity. 

Congratulations to Lars, whose View from a Puddle image won the vote for People's Choice.  This was a thought-provoking image, which definitely fits within our definition of art.  (“Beautiful or thought-provoking works produced through creative activity.”)  Great job seeing and photographing this wonderful play of light and color.

View from a puddle

I've awarded Editor's Choice for Artistic and Technical Merit to Naomi's Bronze Beauty image.  Naomi did a beautiful job capturing this work of art.  The assignment guidelines stated that "subject placement, lighting and color should all be used to complement and reinforce the “feel” of the art object (or activity)," and Naomi did just that.  I thought her lighting on the bronze was outstanding, with the angle and intensity of the light perfectly highlighting and complementing the features of the bronze.  The black background was also very complementary to the subject, as was the subject placement and crop.  Another outstanding image by Naomi. 

Bronze Beauty

I finally found the time to update the "tag line" under the Title of the Website.  I hope our members find "a community to inspire and teach the art of photography" an appropriate aspiration for the site.  I'd personally like to thank Naomi for providing so many inspiring images for us to learn from.

I've awarded Honorable Mention to Rebecca's Journey into the colorful world of art image.  I thought it was a fun image that she used to illustrate and teach a new photoshop technique for producing "artistic" images.

Journey into the colorful world of art

Thank you to everyone that participated in the "Art" assignment.  I hope to see more of your wonderful images in next week's assignment.

Keith
« Last Edit: November 23, 2008, 10:04:25 PM by keithsnell »