Author Topic: Voting for the "Black and White" Weekly Photography Assignment  (Read 1814 times)

keithsnell

• Administrator
Voting for the "Black and White" Weekly Photography Assignment
« on: January 24, 2010, 09:29:02 PM »
Please vote for your favorite image from the "Black and White" assignment for the "People's Choice" award.  The guidelines for this assignment were to create a black and white image that focuses the viewers attention on the shapes, forms and textures of your subject.  

To vote for an image, simply select the image title in the "poll" attached at the top of this thread, and click "submit vote."  NOTE:  You need to be logged in to see the voting options.  Voting will end at midnight, Mountain Time (GMT-07:00) on Sunday, 31 January 2010.  

Just Beyond the Corn Rows

flutterby

dawns early light

Lissa & Beefy

Stream Trickle

Old Mining Village

A snow cave

Looming Storm

black-eyed-suzies

Sunday morning walk along the wash

Artist at Work

Views of a Tree

Ducks Float, You Don't

Guardian

Thank you to everyone that participated in this assignment.  

Viewers are encouraged to respond to this thread describing why you like a particular image, or think it was particularly successful at meeting the guidelines of the assignment.

Keith
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 02:29:24 PM by keithsnell »

Cindy Miller Hopkins

Re: Voting for the "Black and White" Weekly Photography Assignment
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2010, 07:24:11 AM »
For me, Beefy & Lissa are stars! Besides the cute subject matter, which never hurts in making a good photo, I feel that it fits the assignment. If Beefy did not have the nice bright white paw (which stands out with the dark background of Lissa's neck) and white face markings & nose, I don't think it would have worked as well. There is still detail in Beefy's dark stripes, which I also like. The sharp texture of the blue jeans shows nicely. The nice tight crop works well, including the fact that the side of Lissa's glasses have been cropped at the edge. Your eye follows right across Lissa's glasses drawing you right to Beefy, your eye travels down Beefy's cute face and paw down to Lissa's fingers which point your eye right back to Lissa. It just all works for me. Good job. ;)
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 07:39:18 AM by Cindy Miller Hopkins »

Becky Jenner

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2010, 11:28:31 PM »
No cropping on anything Cindy! It just came out that way!I wanted her to wear her "holy" kneed blue jeans but she isn't a likley candidate for pics! So this is what I got.Was glad to get what I could! Beefy was a cute kitten and we have him still!
Becky

Cindy Miller Hopkins

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2010, 03:52:28 PM »
Good eye Becky! When it works ... don't fight it! It's nice to see an good photo that was "cropped" well in camera and not after the fact ;D