Author Topic: "It Caught My Eye," Weekly Assignment for 23 February - 1 March 2009  (Read 1338 times)

keithsnell

• Administrator
The assignment for the week of 23 February - 1 March 2009 is "It Caught My Eye."  I often talk about the role photography can play in helping you to develop the ability to "see" something noteworthy hidden amoungst the ordinary.  In our previous assignment titled Seeing Simple Beauty, I encouraged you to consciously look for small things of beauty within scenes that you encounter in everyday life, and photograph an intimate composition isolating that beauty from the larger scene.  This week's assignment is a similar exercise to help you "see" the potential noteworthy scenes you encounter in everyday life.  The difference is that it doesn't have to be beautiful.  The purpose of this assignment is to encourage you to carry your camera with you throughout the week, and simply photograph those things that "catch your eye," or that you find interesting in some way.  Don't forget that isolating your subject will help the viewer understand what it is in the scene that "caught your eye." 

I'm looking forward to seeing what scenes you encounter that catch your eye throughout the upcoming week.  Please upload your images to the "It Caught My Eye" album by midnight Mountain Time (GMT - 07:00) on Sunday, 1 March 2009.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 10:54:16 AM by keithsnell »