Author Topic: Voting for the "Slow Sync" Weekly Photography Assignment  (Read 2027 times)

keithsnell

• Administrator
Voting for the "Slow Sync" Weekly Photography Assignment
« on: December 29, 2010, 12:20:06 AM »
Please vote for your favorite set of images from the "Slow Sync" assignment for the "People's Choice" award.  The guidelines for this assignment were to use a slow shutter speed to balance a flash-lit foreground with an ambient background exposure, or submit more challenging images that use slow sync in conjunction with rear curtain sync and subject movement to convey a sense of motion in your image.

To vote for an image, please select the title in the "poll" attached at the top of this thread, and click "submit vote."  NOTE:  You need to be logged in to see the voting options.  Voting will end at midnight, Mountain Time (GMT-07:00) on Sunday, 2 January 2011.  

Break!

Eight ball - Corner pocket

Christmas Joy

Slicing the Apple

Bodie with her new Christmas Present

RebeccaSnell

• Administrator
Re: Voting for the "Slow Sync" Weekly Photography Assignment
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2010, 03:36:29 PM »
Wow, this is another tough vote.  I love them all.  And, I will say, it brought back to mind a rarely used photography tool for me.  I'm now going to watch for opportunities to use slow sync in the future (at least for a while until I forget about it again).  I just love the way these shots turned out -- made each picture so much more dynamic than if the flash would have stopped the motion.  I so love the movement of the pool balls and those are beautifully composed pictures.  The apple shot is great too - almost makes you want to pull your hand away!  But, when it comes down to it, I'm most enamored with Bodie.  So cool how you captured the arc of Bodie and the ball as he hit it and then caught it.  Great shot, Sue.  You get my vote this week!

jpowersrrt

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2010, 04:09:08 PM »
Interesting shots, I've never tried slow sync before but will have to check into. All the shots were very creative and great use of slow sync. = jack

keithsnell

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2011, 04:35:16 PM »
Don't forget to vote. :)

Keith

marilyn

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2011, 11:28:47 PM »
There are indeed some amazing photos for this assignment.  I took so many shots but never quite got anything I liked.  I may post some in one of my galleries just to get some feedback on what I could have done differently.  At any rate, these images truly inspire me to get it figured out!!