Author Topic: Voting for the "Complementary Colors" Assignment  (Read 1498 times)

keithsnell

• Administrator
Voting for the "Complementary Colors" Assignment
« on: March 09, 2009, 10:02:32 AM »
Please vote for your favorite image from the "Complementary Colors" assignment for the "People's Choice" award.  Simply select the image title in the "poll" attached at the top of this thread, and click "submit vote."  NOTE:  You need to be logged in to see the voting options.  Voting will end at midnight, Mountain Time (GMT-07:00) on Sunday, 15 March 2009.

NOTE:  Several of the images in this weekly assignment will not display accurate colors in Internet Explorer.  Some of the images were submitted in AdobeRGB color space, which doesn't display well on the web.  Several other images were just too saturated to display well in an application (like Internet Explorer) that is not "color managed."  (Rebecca's images and my image of the slide are both examples of saturated images that don't display accurately in IE, even though they were posted in the appropriate sRGB color space.)  If you want to see an "accurate" display of these images, I recommend that you either use the Safari browser or Mozilla Firefox 3.0 with the "color management" add-on enabled.  I prefer Safari because it comes with color management enabled as a default, and it doesn't (inappropriately) change images that don't have an embedded color space.  (As a nice bonus, both Safari and Firefox come with a very nice spell checker integrated into the browser.)  If you have any questions about how to use these color managed browsers, please ask! 

If you are voting on an image, please feel free to respond to this thread describing why you like a particular image, or think it was particularly successful at meeting the guidelines of the assignment.

Green and Magenta

Elmo in the Bowl

Sunset at the Grand Canyon

Greens

Colors48

Colors6

Colors5

Can

Roosting Cormorants 2

Old Layton Barn

First Light on Mt Moran

Daisy

Peppers

Slide

Thank you to everyone that participated in the "Complementary Colors" assignment.  If you are a "lurker" on the forum, I'd like to encourage you to participate in the weekly assignments.  Participation is free, and I guarantee the assignments will help you improve your photography. 

Keith
« Last Edit: March 09, 2009, 11:06:34 AM by keithsnell »