Author Topic: Voting for the "Long Exposure" Weekly Photography Assignment  (Read 1851 times)

keithsnell

• Administrator
Please vote for your favorite image from the "Long Exposure" assignment for the "People's Choice" award.  To vote for an image, simply select the image title in the "poll" attached at the top of this thread, and click "submit vote."  NOTE:  You need to be logged in to see the voting options.  Voting will end at midnight, Mountain Time (GMT-07:00) on Sunday, 12 July 2009.

Moon, Car, & Stars

\
Mt Evans Stream

Gateway Park

Giant Lollipop

Nightphone

Hidden Brook

Electrified shocks of wheat

Fireworks

To Paint the Sky

Evan's Take

The Mood After Dark

Camp Fire

4th of July 2009

Viewers are encouraged to respond to this thread describing why you like a particular image, or think it was particularly successful at meeting the guidelines of the assignment.

Thank you to everyone that participated in the "Long Exposure" assignment.

Keith
« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 01:17:14 PM by keithsnell »

burzilai

Re: Voting for the "Long Exposure" Weekly Photography Assignment
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2009, 10:04:41 AM »
I voted "To Paint The Sky" . I think the timing was very good, just enough slow exposure to show the beautiful colors , with min amount of digital noise, without washing out the whole picture, and the image was very well captured. Very nice shot.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2009, 10:21:45 AM by burzilai »
Shee :)

RebeccaSnell

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2009, 01:17:35 PM »
Thank you very much, Sheila.  That just made my day.  I'm still experimenting with firework shots, and unfortunately, I don't get much opportunity to try those shots!

burzilai

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2009, 03:06:47 PM »
You're very welcome. Im also working on those kind of shots, but I never got the opportunity due to work schedule, and I don't have a remote for my camera, I don't think I can get away with 10 sec timer for fireworks, all of the camera stores I went to last week were out of stock, so I I have to wait another year, :-(  I had all my "recipe"  for shutter speed & aperture ready for trial and I couldn't do it. LOL! oh well there's always new year or next year.
Shee :)

RebeccaSnell

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2009, 03:44:14 PM »
Actually, those shots were just using manual exposure set on F5.6 and I experimented with 2 and 3 second exposures which most SLR's will do without a remote, I think.    I also put it on the lowest ISO setting as I did not want to 'blow out' the fireworks with that long of exposure.  Some of my shots did blow out, which is why I shortened the shutter speed to 2 seconds on some, but I was not getting quite the effect I wanted there.  Keith later told me I should have tried stopping down the aperture instead of shortening the shutter speed, so next time I want to try F8 or f11 and the 3 second exposure.  You might play around with some night shots with your camera on tripod and manual exposure and see how long of exposures you can do and what you get.  I'll ask Keith, too, as he will know what your camera can do.  Post a shot if you experiment and get something fun. 
When I find the time, I want to play around with lighting with a flash light and long exposure like Patrick did on his "Moon, Car, and Stars" picture.