Author Topic: Results and Feedback for the "Christmas Around the World" Assignment  (Read 1387 times)

keithsnell

• Administrator
Congratulations to Cindy whose Winter Sleigh Ride image won the vote for People's Choice and was awarded Editor's Choice for Artistic and Technical Merit.

Winter Sleigh Ride

Notice that Cindy didn't place the subject in the center of the frame.  Her "rule of thirds" placement is very effective in this composition, and places the sleigh at a strong point in the frame (at the intersection of lines dividing the frame in thirds).  I can imagine this image being used as a Christmas card, on a magazine cover, or in an advertisement.  Some of you might be surprised that I didn't recommend a tighter crop for this image (as I often do).  In this case, the snow covered trees provide valuable context and enhance the subject, and I'm also sure that Cindy purposely left space in the frame to add text for that magazine cover or advertisement.

Honorable Mention goes to Rebecca's Christmas Tradition image.  Remember that good photography evokes an emotion in the viewer, and this image never failed to make me smile each time I looked at it.

Christmas tradition

Thank you to everyone that participated in the "Christmas Around the World" assignment.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 07:44:05 PM by keithsnell »