Author Topic: Voting for the "Removing Limits" Weekly Photography Assignment  (Read 1855 times)

keithsnell

• Administrator
Voting for the "Removing Limits" Weekly Photography Assignment
« on: October 12, 2010, 03:17:13 PM »
Please vote for your favorite image from the "Removing Limits" assignment for the "People's Choice" award.  The guidelines for this assignment were to strive to compose an image so that you are eliminating any natural limits from the scene in order to allow your viewer to imagine that the subject extends well beyond the boundaries of the frame.

To vote for an image, please select the title in the "poll" attached at the top of this thread, and click "submit vote."  NOTE:  You need to be logged in to see the voting options.  Voting will end at midnight, Mountain Time (GMT-07:00) on Sunday, 17 October 2010.  

Konza Prairie Morning

The Path Taken

Yellowstone Hot Pools

Hot steamy streams of water

Worshiping the eye

climber

I can fly!

The Leap

Aspen at Oxbow Bend

Reflection in the Oxbow

Gallons... x 1,000,000

Canyon Climber

removing string

Phase One - Complete

Boardwalk Along the Hot Spring

Ancient Rock Art Sheep Panel

Thank you to everyone that participated in this assignment.  Your amazing images inspire me!

Keith
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 03:44:02 PM by keithsnell »

marilyn

Re: Voting for the "Removing Limits" Weekly Photography Assignment
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2010, 08:25:21 PM »
There were so many different perspectives displayed in the images for this assignment.  I am in awe of the great photographers who share their images and help me think about the world and photography in new ways.

RebeccaSnell

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2010, 06:24:21 AM »
Augh, another tough vote on what I thought was a rather tough assignment.  I love the creativity this one brought out.  'Canyon Climber' really makes you feel for the guy climbing as it appears he has climbed forever and still has 'forever' to go and his stance and body language seem to say 'ok, now where?'.   "Boardwalk along the hot spring' is a great capture of a tough scene.  Having been at the Grand Prismatic hot spring, it is so big and beautiful, you want to somehow capture it all, but Julie's crop persented it in a wonderful way.  Made it look like such a warm inviting endless swimming pool.  Julie, I'd say you should sell this to Yellowstone for advertising, but then they'd be dealing with tourists coming to 'hop in' and get their 3rd degree burns!

Kanza prairie, of course, tugs at my heart strings as I so love the wide open expanse of the prairie.   Good job capturing so many colors in the grasses.  'The path taken' just makes you want to hop in the picture and follow the path to see what is over the hill :-).   'Yellowstone Hot Pools' is a beautiful shot and really captures the feel of being at Yellowstone, but it didn't evoke an 'endless' feeling - it was almost too well framed.   'The hot steamy streams of water' shot evoked more of an 'endless' feel for me.  I loved the stream, steam, everything streaming out of the picture.  Keith's capture of the millons of gallons of water was awesome.  Standing at the brink of the falls, I wanted to capture a shot like that, but couldn't get it right.  I love his.  As too, I love his creativity at Oxbow bend - getting the shot the hundred's of other photographers there that morning probably did not even see!  And, Michele - WOW, awesome shots of your incredibly graceful, beautiful friend feeling the endless freedom of flight!  Incredible shots!  

So, once again, I can't decide!!   Thanks again to all who got out there and removed the limits!
« Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 06:27:42 AM by RebeccaSnell »

prairiedust

• PrairieDust
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2010, 08:25:09 AM »
So many beautiful submissions....  But for me there are two that just soar above the others. Michele, you've made it so hard for me pick just one.
Dave Leiker (PrairieDust)
Exploring the Rural Midwest